This is me: Mojito lover. Cheese enthusiast. Wanderluster. Book junkie. Romance writer. Enginerd.
I am a Colorado native displaced in Texas and an engineer and university professor. When I’m not creating optimization models or traveling the world, eating my way through city after city, I am usually tucked in the corner of a coffee shop, dreaming up stories and typing away on the computer. I live in suburbia Dallas with my husband and two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels named Oliver Pancake and Rigby Peanut.
All questions regarding subsidiary rights for my books, or inquiries regarding foreign translation and/or film rights, should be directed to my literary agent Melissa Jeglinski at The Knight Agency.
- Up until recently, I drove the same car since I was sixteen–a red 1998 Nissan Sentra named Betty after Betty Boop. She was rusted and banged up, but I considered her vintage not old.
- My musical tastes cover a wide range of styles and artists, from Richard Marx to Paula Abdul to David Nail. I can also listen to the same song on repeat for hours at a time and not get sick of it.
- I have an odd obsession with owls. There are framed prints, figurines, and owl cookie jars scattered all around my house.
- The two products I cannot live without are Jo Malone’s Wood Sage and Sea Salt fragrance and any color or pattern of Kate Spade’s Karolina pump.
- My favorite food is risotto, followed closely by macaroni and cheese, braised short ribs, anything chocolate, and white peach Bellinis.
- I collect Hard Rock Cafe shot glasses from each city I visit.
- I have two sisters with the same name.
- My favorite book is The Witches by Roald Dahl.
- I swam competitively for fifteen years–breaststroke, backstroke, and IM–and was a swim coach for six years (one of the best experiences of my life).